Welding positioner has become indispensable equipment in manufacturing industry; we classify it as welding auxiliary equipment. In recent years, weld positioner has made significant development and obtained a wide range of applications in welding filed. It becomes a small industry that has more than 10 types and over 100 specifications.
How to choose the right welding positioner is a small and simple question for technical engineers. We just list 3 tips for it.
Choose welding positioner with right type
Welding Positioners have many types, Range from 10KG to 600 KG for light duty and 1 ton to 100 ton for heavy duty. Which type is suitable for you? Welding Angle and workpiece weight will be the TWO ELEMENTSneed to be considered. For example for 100KG loading welding positioner, if your workpiece is 100KG, and you need horizontal position welding (0 degree), then 100KG welding positioner is right enough for you. But if you need Vertical welding (90 degree), then 200KG will be the right choice.
Choose the right motor for welding positioner
Now manufacturers in market provides AC motor, DC motor, Stepping motor and servo motor for driving of welding positioner.
- DC motor will be the best choice for light weight workpiece with low precision requirements; it just needs to be controlled by a button.
- Light weight workpiece with high precision will require stepping motor combined with brand PLC.
- Only welding positioners with servo motor can match with welding robots, for its high precision.
- High weight workpiece with low precision can be choosing AC motor for overturning and rotation.
Choose electric control system as simple as possible
- Why we said, choose electric control system as simple.